Air Fried Lollipop Drumsticks
Contact Us For Your Next Event
Just so you know, if you click on a product or link on thebaltimorecateringcompany.com and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
Ultrean Air Fryer
Cooking chicken in an Ultrean air fryer(https://amzn.to/3CAuuSv) can be a healthier option compared to deep frying in oil because it uses less oil and the chicken still becomes crispy. Air frying also tends to result in less fat absorption compared to deep frying.
However, it is important to note that any food that is breaded and fried, whether in an air fryer or not, will still be high in calories and fat. It is recommended to consume fried foods in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Additionally, using a healthier oil or a cooking spray with fewer calories and fat can further reduce the calorie and fat content ofthe dish
Subscribe to our newsletter
Free recipes and tips and tricks on how to make your food elevated and exciting for you and all your guests.
Lollipop Chicken Drumstick Prep
To cut chicken drumsticks into lollipop shapes, follow these steps:
- Start by removing the skin from the drumstick, if desired.
- Locate the joint that connects the drumstick to the thigh and cut through it with a sharp knife or kitchen shears.
- Cut through the meat and cartilage at the top of the drumstick until you reach the bone.
- Using the knife or kitchen shears, carefully remove the bone from the drumstick, taking care to keep as much of the meat attached to the bone as possible. You should now have a drumstick shaped like a lollipop, with the bone as the stick and the meat as the lollipop.
- Repeat this process with the remaining drumsticks.
- It is helpful to have a sharp knife or kitchen shear for this process, as it will make it easier to cut through the bone and cartilage. You may also find it helpful to hold the drumstick with a kitchen towel or use a cutting board with a groove to catch the bone and cartilage as you cut.
2 chicken drumsticks
1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat your air fryer to 380°F
In a shallow dish, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
Dip each drumstick into the mixture, coating it evenly.. or sprinkle on the drumsticks.
Place the coated drumsticks into the air fryer basket and spray them lightly with cooking spray.
Cook the drumsticks for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Serve the drumsticks hot, with your choice of dipping sauces. Enjoy!