Contact Us For Your Event
Just so you know, if you click on a product or link on thebaltimorecateringcompany.com and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
Mango salsa is a type of salsa that is made with ripe mangos as the main ingredient. It is a sweet and tangy condiment that is often served as a topping or dip with Mexican or Caribbean cuisine such as fish, chicken, pork or shrimp.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Free recipes and tips and tricks on how to make your food elevated and exciting for you and all your guests.
- 3 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced (seeds and ribs removed for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the diced mangos, red onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve chilled as a topping or dip with fish, chicken, pork, shrimp or as a side dish with chips.
- Note: You can add diced avocado or pineapple for more variations, or if you want it sweeter you can add honey or agave nectar.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy Mango Salsa!
The recipe for mango salsa can vary, but it typically includes diced mangos, diced red onion, diced red bell pepper, diced jalapeño pepper, fresh lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Some variations may include additional ingredients such as diced avocado or pineapple, or a sweetener such as honey or agave nectar.
Mango salsa can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. It is best served chilled and can be made as mild or as spicy as desired by adjusting the amount of jalapeño pepper used.
Mango salsa is not only delicious but also healthy, as it is low in calories and high in vitamin C and dietary fiber.